Want to challenge and expand your mind in one afternoon? Then consider attending this year’s TEDxNashville event “Wonder” held on Saturday, April 9, 2011 at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center. TED events are based around the premise that there are “ideas worth sharing.” This is the second annual TEDxNashville event (a local and “official” TED event) and features a long list of impressive leaders sharing how their work is challenging the status quo and impacting our world.
Parthenon Publishing is a proud sponsor of this year’s TEDxNashville event. We are excited to support people who are leading change and forging new paths. We are looking forward to spending the day in a sense of “Wonder.”
(Not sure what TED is all about – check out the TED website. We are sure you will find something there that piques your interest!)
The schedule for the day is as follows (as of today):
10 a.m. to noon—Speaker Presentations
Noon to 1 p.m.—Lunch in the lobby (included in ticket price)
1pm to 3:30 p.m.—Speaker Presentations
3:30 p.m. to 3:50 p.m.—Networking Break
3:50 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.—Speaker Presentations
Speakers are listed on the TEDxNashville website and include:
- Ashley Judd, actress and social advocate
- Dr. Andrew S. Keys, the Center Chief Technologist at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala.
- Becca Stevens, Episcopal priest, social entrepreneur, speaker, author of six books, chaplain of St. Augustine’s at Vanderbilt University, founder of Magdalene, residential communities for women who have survived lives of violence, prostitution and addiction as well as its non-profit business, Thistle Farms
- David Mead, pop musician
- Greg Stielstra, author of PyroMarketing
- Max Webster, the founder of Climate Voices, an ethics in action project of ASAP (Academics Stand Against Poverty) at Yale University
- Reid C. Thompson, M.D., chairman of neurological surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- AND MANY MORE!
We hope you will consider joining us at TEDxNashville! (Tickets are one sale through the TEDxNashville site!)