According to Nashville Mayor Karl Dean, the healthcare industry is Nashville’s largest employer – and the fastest growing. The industry employs more than 210,000 people in 250 companies throughout the greater Nashville area! Among this fine group of companies, there are quite a few social media powerhouses. We picked 5 that we think you should check out:
- The researchers, scientists, doctors and other specialists at Vanderbilt University Medical Center are constantly coming up with new innovations, inventions, treatments and approaches to help us heal from illness, live longer or simply live better. VUMC’s Content Strategist, Cynthia Manley, helps us laypeople keep up with VUMC’s events, research, videos and other relevant information.
Check them out on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and YouTube.
- Electronic Health Records, EHRs, are a huge part of the future of healthcare and Nashville-based Shareable Ink is one of the leaders in this new healthcare specialty (The Nashville Post just listed them as one of its “Fast 15!”) One thing we love – Sharable Ink’s CEO actually personally responds to some comments on Facebook!
Learn more about Shareable Ink on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- DaVita Kidney Care delivers life-sustaining dialysis treatment to individuals with kidney failure and renal disease. Kidney disease is on the rise and their social media outreach helps put a personal face on a very real medical problem. DaVita offers support, healthy tips and recipes, customer service and real-life stories through their active social media channels.
Check them out on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Colon cancer is one of the most preventable types of cancer and colonoscopy screening expert, AMSURG, wants to send that message to the masses! Through its StopColonCancerNow.com initiative, AMSURG offers tips, information and real life stories about colon cancer screenings, diagnosis and treatments.
You can check out the latest info and learn more about preventing colon cancer on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube. (And no worries – StopColonCancerNow’s Pinterest account is not filled with shots of colons!)
- Years ago, Healthways created an entirely new field of healthcare: disease management. They continue to evolve and are leveraging social media channels all along the way. We love that the company mixes healthy, entertaining and informative information on all of its social media channels and highlights innovative new pilots that are worth checking out. (Take a second to look at their latest healthy communities adventure, the Blue Zones Project, and a very fun Boston-based subsidiary, MeYouHealth, that uses gaming best practices to help people make healthier decisions).
Follow them on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Nashville is a thriving creative hub of local pride and talented businesses. As marketers by trade and Nashville enthusiasts by choice, Parthenon wants to celebrate organizations employing creative marketing, advertising and social media efforts in our hometown!
This story is the tenth in a series that highlights excellent Facebook pages, Twitter handles, YouTube videos and Pinterest boards that show Nashvillians contribute much more than honky tonks, hot chicken and country music. Check back to see who you should be following in Parthenon’s Socially Savvy 5 to Follow.