Shining a light on one of Nashville’s most needed nonprofits
If you’re a foodie, a family or a philanthropist in Nashville, you’ve heard of Soup Sunday. If you haven’t, the quick and dirty is that 50 of Nashville’s best restaurants get together at LP Field to duke it out in a battle for the best soup. There are also kid-friendly activities and incredible silent auction prizes, but first and foremost, it’s about the grub. Or is it?
The Soul of Soup Sunday
Yes and no. While Soup Sunday is the best way to get a taste of Nashville at a great price ($20 per adult; $40 per family pack), it’s really all about the kids. As Our Kids’ marketing and media partner since 2007, we at Parthenon want to take a moment to spotlight the incredible organization behind Soup Sunday. Here’s what you need to know about Our Kids.
- To provide expert medical evaluations and crisis counseling in response to child sexual abuse
- To increase awareness, conduct research and offer education and training about child maltreatment
- To provide help, hope and healing to Middle Tennessee’s most vulnerable children
Child sexual abuse is sexual contact or activity with a child when consent is not or cannot be given. It can range from obscene phone calls to having a child see sexual activity to touching a child’s private parts to sexual intercourse.
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 7 boys will experience some form of child sexual abuse by age 18
- Most children are sexually abused by someone they know and trust
- Almost 70% of the more than 900 children examined by Our Kids are 7 years of age and younger
How to Help
Just by reading this, you’re helping us spread Our Kids’ message, and that’s the first step in the fight against child sexual abuse.
Here are few other easy ways to get involved:
- Come to an event
- Take a tour
- Make a donation
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter
- Connect & share
Thanks for taking the time to learn about Our Kids. If you have any questions, learn more on our website or call them at 615.341.4911. To report child sexual abuse in Tennessee, call 1-877-54ABUSE.
We wish you and your family a magical and peaceful holiday season.